Friday, October 12, 2007

Kind of like Sophie's Choice

Did I say I wouldn't write about Bill Simmons for the rest of the year? Sorry. But I have to bring up his latest bird cage lining effort. Read it and say it with me: No one gives a crap about Boston sports. The Celtics made a desparate PR move. The Pats are about to go 3 years in a row without a title, lamely forcing the media to say "they've won 3 out of the last 7 titles." The Red Sox, on the other hand, should win it all this year.

Thus, BS's column forces even proud Cleveland-haters like us to rethink everything we took for granted. We could never under any circumstances root for the Indians, right? Well, DZ will probably still root for the Red Sox in the ALCS. He really hates Cleveland. I do too, but buy me a LBJ jersey and direct me to the dawg pound because I'm rooting for the Tribe this week. It was a tough decision, but Bill Simmons made it a lot easier. Besides, we all know C-town will blow it in the Fall Classic.

No comments: