Sunday, July 1, 2007

The one downside...

Monday, July 2nd marks the day I move out of my apartment here in Buenos Aires, in preparation to return the States soon. The one thing from this apartment I will really miss is my DirecTV. Because neither the NFL nor MLB are popular here, I get great deals on packages that are really expensive in the States. For MLB, I pay 20 pesos a month ($6) and get 4 random MLB games a day, plus a 'live look-in' station. For the NFL I get the Sunday Ticket (All the regular season Sunday games) for 50 pesos a season.

That's right. While most of you have to pay hundreds of dollars a year for the Sunday Ticket, I get it in Argentina for about $18 a season. Doesn't offset having to miss the parade and rally in the Dome, but it was a nice consolation. I will definitely miss it this season. Although, when I'm watching the Horse live on Monday Night in J-holeville, I'm sure I'll be glad I'm back home.

clarification: Home is NOT Jacksonville (see the attatched comments). Home in this context means the USA, and NOT Jacksonville. I cannot stress this point enough.

Demond Sanders' Comments: Ah, daily life in the bustling metropolis of Jacksonville. Sounds about as exciting as sleeping with your socks on.

4 comments:

coltsfanawalt said...

You live in Jagland and you're a Colts fan? How does that happen?

coltsfanawalt said...

Never mind. I think I answered my own question by reading some of your previous articles. By the way, awesome write-up on the ten greatest Indianapolis Colts games of all time. "Good times, good times!"

Deshawn Zombie said...

yeah, I most definitely do NOT live in Jag land. I live in Argentina. Demond and I will be attending the MNF game in J-holeville this year.

Anonymous said...

a little late on this comment -- but what about Marvin's TD catch vs the Pats for an ESPY? Best play? I mean, come on! That was phenomenal focus and control.