Thursday, July 12, 2007

No one cares but me...

but screw it! It's my blog! (well in part anyway). I know that most NFL fans don't necessarily like soccer. I used to be the same way until I spent five years living in South America. Now I get it. The problem is that MLS is like watching AA or AAA baseball, but without the small town charm. Just to broaden your horizons, here's a great article about the recent histories of the Brazilian and Argentine national teams and their styles of play. Seriously, Argentina's current 'selecion' is playing a freaking gorgeous style of futbol right now. If soccer was played like this in the States, I bet even you would watch...Mr. Soccer Hater. Anyway, check this out and get some education about the Beautiful Game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_vickery/07/12/copa.final/index.html

Dale pibes! Traiganos la gloria! Ole, ole, ole....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zombie -- my wife thinks I'm nuts for all the time I spend trying to keep up w/the NFL/Colts, especially in the offseason. I was lucky enough to stumble onto your blog a couple months back, and it has only increased my drive.

Love the content you post.

I grew up playing soccer, so I wanted to let you know (re: "No one cares but me") you're not alone. I'm w/you. Maybe you could write an entry on the US/Mexico rivalry and the nouances of the recent history there? The tie in to the Colts? I don't know -- maybe the Colts/Pats rivalry. Pretty similar of late, if you think about it. "We" have beaten "them" the past half dozen times or so in each case, right?

Your photo-progression of Saturday's pancake block on Wilfork for the winning TD of the AFC champ: beautiful. I only remember one analyst EVER saying anything about this block. Unfortunately I can't remember who it was.

Anyway -- just wanted to let you know I thoroughly enjoy the blog. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Z - 1 more thing. Please tell me you're going to write something about ESPN's latest position ranking. I just clicked on the TEs, and didn't see the Colts in the top 10. Don't have Insider, so I don't know if we're at 11 or whatever, but not in the top ten? Come on!!! DC's clutch play by itself puts us in the top 5.