Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ravens recap-18 Plays

Thanks for all of your prayers and kind words. We are all sad today, but the joyful kind of sad that comes from the end of something special. Both the family and my grandfather were prepared for this day, though we still find ourselves wishing it hadn't had to arrive.

Demond and I hooked up to do 18 Plays this week anyway, because frankly, blogging about football is therapeutic and often way easier than dealing with life. I think we gave you all a much better, or at least much shorter, effort than last week. So, for your weekly dose of good analysis and a hearty mocking of the losers, check out 18 Plays. Remember, you can subscribe via Itunes or download the episode directly from the site.

Finally, thanks to all of you for knocking our hit counter on the blog over 40,000 for the year. I realize that a third of those are my own, and another third belong to bored Pats fans, but it's pretty cool anyway. Thanks for reading and being a part of things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

40,000?! Damn!

10,000 of those have to be me at work.

Bob M. said...

Since Ian beat me to it, let me just say this:

40,002 and counting.

But Ian, I thought the Internet was supposed to BOOST workplace productivity...! I work on commissions and really have to put in a lot of time in the offseason so I can make money, because football season = self-imposed non-productive poverty!

shake'n'bake said...

Love 18 plays, hope you do a few as many as possible over the last week games.

Now that the Texans have Andre Johnson back they are the best offense left on the schedule. I'll be watching the defense closely in that for how they're shaping up for the playoffs.

shake'n'bake said...

Just remembered the Bob Sanders is in love with the lateral discussion. I think that's a nice way of saying he wants his teammates to give him the ball. He did it back at Iowa too. It worked there and I remember another Colts DB (I want to say David) lateraled him the ball right after an INT and Sanders had a nice return. He can move, he was a RB in high school. I don't think there's another Colts defender that I'd rather see with the ball in his hands, maybe Giordano if there's no one between him and the endzone, he flys.