Tuesday, June 3, 2008

For those who don't read the comments




Thanks to SpeedBlue47 for the link. Since the last time I posted on Bruce, he's had 4 hits and 2 HR, in just 2 games.

Links:
Polian and Footballoutsiders? Together? It's the best Tuesday ever! The smartest website and the smartest GM. It'll offset the IQ points you lost by reading us today.

I get worn out by the shtick at Cold Hard Football Facts. But I have to tell you, if they have to unleash the bile, they couldn't pick a better candidate. All those years people were killing Manning and praising Brady for their playoff performances, they overlooked Brady playing with Mr. Clutch while Manning played with Mr. Clutch His Own Throat at kicker. Remember, it isn't that Vandy missed kicks. That can happen even to the best. It's that he had two HUGE kicks in the playoffs and shanked them wide right by about 15 yards each. He didn't hit the upright. He didn't just push it a hair wide. He missed those kicks by so much that within .5 seconds you knew they didn't have a chance. Failing in the clutch isn't the same thing as choking. Sometimes you don't get the break or the other guy makes a great play. Failing is part of life. Choking is when you do something widely out of character because of the pressure. I've only seen Vandy hit two balls like that. Miami and Pittsburgh.

The Colts are blessed with continuity on offense, but that means making special adjustments as well.

Demond Sanders: I've been without internet since Friday night due to a huge bleeping storm in Indy. I'm officially back and my first order of business is to let DZ know that the Reds suck. Good home team. Horrible road team. I know you're justifiably pysched about JB's genius-level start to his career, but this team is going nowhere fast. They're close. Closer than they've been in awhile, but still a year away.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you read the Complete and unabridged guide to why Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning, Volumes 1 + 2, it goes well beyond Mike V.

Like Hova says, men lie..women lie..numbers don't.

I don't want to discuss that at all though. What I really want is to know what the hell this means.

"Now I understand how Bill Maher it is to use a dependency as an analogy to describe Kobe's mental range, scope and capacity and how wrong it probably is to compare "the greatest player of his generation" (as TNT labeled him to promote the Western Conference finals) to Ashy Larry or Bubbles, but it fits. Like disloyalty and Scott McClellan. In technical terms, Kobe is an obligate anti-carnivore."

That's from Scoops article today on Kobe. Can someone interpret that please?

- JC

Deshawn Zombie said...

I've read it and it gets the facts wrong. I watched most of those games and they just weren't paying attention. That 'unabridged guide' basically looked at box scores and ignored contextual factors like dropped passes. I answered some of that in the 5 myths about the Colts article on the main page.

Anonymous said...

I heard Vandy is back playing in Canada. That's quite a fall from the NFL's most accurate kicker title.

shake'n'bake said...

Loved the Polian interview on FO, him admitting they wore down Edge makes me more optimistic about Addai's future and the high praise for Kelvin Hayden makes me think they really want to re-sign him.

bd: Big Blue Shoe pointed out today the Vanderjagt has been passed in career FG accuracy. By one of the two NFL players from my hometown.

Anonymous said...

I suppose if it leaves out dropped passes, it also omits poorly thrown balls and bad decisions.


WTF does that paragraph mean?

Deshawn Zombie said...

It means that had you watched the game you would have seen lots of reasons the Colts lost. Very few of them had anything to do with Manning. He legitimately stank in one playoff game (AFC Championship against New England). There weren't a lot of bad decisions and errant throws in those games. But there were lots of blocking problems, WR drops, kicks missed, and fumbles.

Anonymous said...

No you freak.

Scoop's paragraph.

Deshawn Zombie said...

It means that Bill Mahr uses analogies. This kind of intellectual concept is far beyond the normal writing of Scoop. Once he got hung up on whether to use 'like', 'as', 'is to' or play it up straight metaphor style, he was too tired to form a coherent thought.

shake'n'bake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shake'n'bake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shake'n'bake said...

I can't get the link to work right. The date above links to a Pitch f/x breakdown of Bronson Arroyo. Cool stuff.

Bob M. said...

Nick Kazcur, drug abuser, law-breaker, DEA informant:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24970133/

So what kind of suspension does this merit from the NFL? If it's a first-time offense, it's a big zero. If it's a later offense, does the NFL use the player's assisting the feds as a mitigating factor? 100 pills every few days? I wonder if he was dealing to teammates to keep the 16-0 (sn to be 18-1) streak alive? Stay tuned.

In a related vein, when will the GD NFL revoke Favre's 1995 Vicodin-fueled MPV and give it to the runner-up, one Jim Harbaugh...? There is no justice.....

Anonymous said...

Way to break the story Bob.

You're a real Matt Drudge.

jc

Anonymous said...

Has jc ever refused a question on the Nick Kazcur incident? Just put the guy in front of a tv camera, radio mic or some blog and we will get his opinion.

Nobody likes a preacher.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I preach is drug use.

God bless you Nick.....although snitches get stitches.

jc

Bob M. said...

um... thanks, jc. Finally an insult from you that I agree is an insult. You're getting better.

So if my house is on fire and I tell some friends, does that make me Drudge too? If I tell anyone anything that might be news and/or newsworthy that's Drudgery? Yikes! I guess I'll wait till something is old news to discuss and let people know about it.

Speaking of which, the entire Patriots organization is filthy, cheating, hypocritical scum. Is that news old enough to discuss without being insulted? Gee, I sure hope so. Also as self-evident as the earth being round and evolution, but some people just don't believe those things either. Give them time.

Oh, and way to add depth to the discussion. I know you are, but what am I? Nyah nyah nyah. Now THAT's adding quality depth to the discussion.

Anonymous said...

Filthy and cheating I'll give you all day and night.

You own the hypocrite.

jc

Anonymous said...

And Bob - pretty much everything you say will get you insulted.

I'm shallow and petty.

No exceptions.

Anonymous said...

HGH is pretty bad ass by the way.

If anyone can swing the twelve hunj for a kit of jintropin I would recommend it highly.

Aside from not wanting to murder Central High kids at red lights (like Winstrol makes me wanna do) - I am effing JACKED.

Good for your skin, hair and libido. And for contract seasons.

jc

Anonymous said...

Man, does jc have the wrong initials or what? Polar opposites.

Anonymous said...

No...it stands for Joint Custody

Anonymous said...

Nah man I don't smoke weed.

shake'n'bake said...

Unlike Kevin Faulk