- Butler got hosed with their seed. They were clearly every bit the team that two seed Tennessee was. It was criminal that those two played a second round game. The committee should be ashamed. Great game, but it should have taken place in the Sweet 16.
- It was good to see Michigan St. and Wisconsin advance. Truth is that I expect MSU to beat Memphis. Memphis is embarrassing. I hate that team. They are artless.
- While no one was looking, the Pacers have gone and played themselves into contention. They'll have a tough go with the Hornets, but the rest of their schedule is very doable.
- Donnie Walsh is probably coming back; but it looks like Bird faces a demotion.
- The Tigers signing Miggy Cabrera to a long term deal is a great move. This kid is a beast and even if he does get off his conditioning program and blows up to look like ManRam, HE'LL STILL hit like ManRam, so where's the downside?
- The PGA finally figured out how to stop Tiger. Make the course so easy that everyone is 15 under par. Harder courses thin the field, easier courses make everyone play at his level. I realize that the wind/weather worked out to make that course in Miami play easy this week, but still. It's tough to go lower than everyone else when that means -20.
Links: Cold Hard Football Facts does their Colts offseason preview. There's nothing we don't already know, but it's always nice to read about football.
UPDATE: Ok, so no sooner is he back in, then we push him right out! Donnie Walsh is done with the Pacers. Bird is staying on. I'm not sure what impact this will have on the team moving forward but let's all just pause to say thanks:
For Reggie and Rik
For AD and DSquared
For the playoffs and the Finals
For Larry Brown and Larry Bird
For Mark and Slick
Donnie Walsh took pro-basketball in Indiana to the top and under his guidance we went from a franchise on the verge of implosion to a premiere franchise in the league for more than a decade.
Thanks Donnie. We'll miss you.