Saturday, March 29, 2008

A New Article? No Way...

Well, I've gone and done it. I finally got around to writing a new article for the main page. As promised, I've started doing a comparison of 88 vs some of the other wideouts on the goofy ESPN Top 10 All Time list. As of now, the article just compares Harrison to Chris Carter. By the end of the weekend, I should get sections on Irvin and TO done as well. You also might enjoy checking out the discussion on the FO page as well.

It's amazing how the "Harrison is only great because of Manning" crowd has shown up. I'm about ready to lose it. The Pats fans want to dog Manning because he has Harrison and Wayne. NOW, some guy claims Wayne isn't even a top 10 wideout and Harrison is widely overrated because he gets to play with Peyton.

Let's be clear. Marvin Harrison has been a revelation at wide receiver for nearly a decade. He's made more impossible catches, crazy jukes, and clutch first down grabs than any man not named Rice. I've seen up close for all this time, and if you've watched him like we have, then you know that he is a man of incomparable skills.

(and yes this is all trumped up bluster. I know. But frick, what are we supposed to talk about? The Colts second round pick next month?)

UPDATE: Part two is also posted. Harrison is better than Irvin. Follow the original link and scroll down.

No comments: