Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Yes, in case you are wondering...

that was about as satisfying a championship game as it could possibly be. I feel bad for the kids from Memphis, because they'll have to live with that one for a long long time, but still it was a wonderful win for Kansas. I prefer to see the team who can hit free throws win it. It reminded me of 87 when Syracuse (who physically had a vastly superior team to IU) yanked several free throws down the stretch.

Update: I think the whole "Roy Williams is wearing a Kansas sticker" thing was retarded. Coach K wore an IU button in 1987 at the Final Four even though IU had eliminated his Blue Devils earlier in the tournament. It was seen as a classy show of support for his friend Bob Knight. People need to get over themselves.

And yes, everything I know about college basketball eventually brings me back to 1987.

No comments: