Friday, April 13, 2007

Sweet Lou

Lou Pinella is one of my all time favorite managers. He's responsible for the lone world championship the Reds have had during my lifetime. He's also hilariously insane. I died a little when he went to the Cubs because I hate them so much.

Today, the Cubs blew a game they had in the bag against Cincy. Up 5-0 with Zambrano on the mound, the Cubs gave up a 6 run inning in rather hilarious fashion, walking in both the tying and go-ahead runs. What made this game so enjoyable is Lou's hilarious meltdown during the post game interviews. Bear in mind, this is a man who recently coached the Devil Rays, and already 2 weeks into the season, he's flipping out over a team that hasn't won jack squat in nearly 100 years. Claaaaaasic. Do yourself a favor and check out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270413116&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Make sure you watch past the highlights and wait for his speech. It made my day.

No comments: