Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My take on the 2007 Colts schedule (see Deshawn's post below)

Overall I like how the the 2007 schedule sets up for the Colts. It is difficult at first glance, but it has its bright spots. The Colts still play in the AFC South, and I like them to take care of business better than last year (try 4-2 or 5-1 against the division). Second the home schedule can be conquered once again. I see seven and possibly eight wins at home. The fans and players have taken the homefield advantage up a notch or two the last couple of seasons (including the amazing 10-0 mark last year). It's the last season in the dome and they are defending the title.

Originally, I was planning on picking the Colts to finish 11-5 and win the AFC South. But after seeing how all the games line up I am going to pick the Colts to come in at 12-4 once again. I see their losses coming at Jacksonville, at Carolina, at San Diego, and at Baltimore.

Last year I picked the Colts to go 12-4, but I didn't have a blog then so I didn't recieve any credit. Not that picking the Colts to win 12 games is exactly an earth shattering prediction. Actually it would be gutsier to pick them to win 10 games, but I just don't see that happening, despite all the losses on the Defense. This team's regular season fate always hangs on Peyton and Marvin and the offense and it will for at least a couple more seasons.

Already you can see Bill Polian's latest "The Schedule Makers are Against Us" rant forming in his mind. Take a close look: right in the middle of the season the Colts play 6 out of 9 games on the road, against the likes of Carolina, Jacksonville, San Diego and Baltimore. Ouch. Again, I see those as the four losses of the regular season. The AFC race will be decided in those games, with the Colts settling for the 2 or 3 seed and possibly a bye (an ultra-competive AFC should drive down the records of all teams in the AFC, i.e. I don't see anyone pulling out 14 wins again this year). But the Colts will pull it together and finish strong in December.

FYI everyone should check out our Mock NFL Draft on 18to88.com's main page. It's worth your valuable time.

No comments: