Friday, September 28, 2007

Important Announcement

Okay, I'm using the word "important" loosely, but I wanted to let everyone know that I will no longer be reading or commenting on Bill Simmon's weekly NFL Picks column.

I had softened on Simmons over the course of the last year. You see, all Colts fans were waiting for the day when Simmons would have to write his "I was wrong. I'm a huge loser and Peyton Manning CAN win the big game" column. Of course, he was forced to write the column in January and it was everything we dreamed it would be. Simmons and his fanaticism couldn't bother us anymore.

But I'm back to my original stance on Simmons: The guy's an idiot. Enjoy your weekend and remember that we're all blessed to be watching the "greatest team in 15 years," the New England Patriots.

I'm sorry if I'm turning this blog into another I Hate the New England Patriots, but let's face it you can't ever have too many of those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simmons is entertaining and interesting until he talks about the Patriots. I usually just skip the Patriots parts of his columns. Unless it's immediately following them losing to the Colts.

Anonymous said...

Although Belichick certainly contributes, the Pats fans are the real reason everyone else hates the Pats. Simmons is the classic NE fan -- a stupid, insufferable blowhard who knows very little about the game and is wrong about what he thinks he does know.

Imagine if the Red Sox had the history of success that the Yankees have had. What you'd have in NE is Bill Simmons times 10.

A lot of people hate the Yanks because they always used to win, because the Boss is such a jerk, and they have always bought their championships. But people don't hate the Yanks because Yankee fans are the biggest assholes around.

People hate the Pats because their fans are the biggest ones around. Even a huge NE fan like Aaron Schatz is embarrassed at the way Pats fans act.